Here’s a way to pimp up the family favourite Spaghetti Bolognese using St Fiacres Passata Sauce and St Fiacres Sweet Red Capsicum Puree.
Skill Level: Easy
Preparation: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Meat Options: It may be either beef, pork or combinations of, or alternatively vegetarian based. This recipe only gets better with age!!!
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion Finely chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 100g tomato paste
- 500-700 gram mince of your choice
- ¼ cup of red wine
- 1 Tbsp mixed herbs
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano or fresh
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 700ml – St Fiacres Passata Sauce
- 200ml – St Fiacres Sweet Capsicum Puree
- 2 cups of water- more or less can be added
- Pinch each of salt & pepper
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion & garlic and cook for 3 mins or until softened.
- Add meat and cook until well browned.
- Add herbs, bay leaf. Stir well.
- Add tomato paste, red wine, and simmer for 5 minutes or until liquid is well absorbed.
- Add Tomato Passata and Sweet Capsicum Puree.
- Stir well, you may add water at this stage, check the levels.
- Stir until combined. Bring to the boil then reduce to low and cook, stirring occasionally for 1 hr or until meat is tender. Season with salt/pepper.
- Serve topped with your favourite pasta and freshly grated parmesan cheese.